Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shopping

I hate grocery shopping... like really hate it.  I think there are myriad factors that lend to this distaste, including:

 
  1. I like convenience foods and they are very expensive, not to mention pratically nutritionless! (LAME)
  2. Whenever I am in the store, I have grand ideas of the wonders I will create in the kitchen, and then all the ingredients tend to rot in the fridge before I get around to it.
  3. I will load up two grocery carts of food, and feel like I've gotten enough food to last through Armageddon, and then see bare cupboards by the end of two weeks.  (Other than those fancy ingredients that have been sitting there since Creation, of course!)
  4. Baggers never bag the way I like... and worse, there are groceries stores where I have to bag my own groceries!  I like to have it a certain way, but I don't want to do it!

 
I could go on, and on, and on... but I'm sure you get the point.... grocery shopping: hate it.

1 comment:

  1. Went to WinCo, huh? I HATES me some self-grocery-bagging! I get really backed up doing it, because I want to sort it all out *before* I bag it, so all of the olives are in one bag, all of the cream of mushroom soup is on another bag, all of the cream of chicken soup in in its own bag, the yellow fruit is in the yellow fruit bag, the beef is in the bag for the beef and the bacon has its own special little flimsy plastic transporter...you get the idea, I'm sure! I DO sort it out, initially, as I take it from my cart and place it on the conveyor belt dealie, but those damned cashiers just CAN'T seem to keep it in order! Grrrr. O-well -- guess *everyone* in the world can't be as brilliant and perceptive as me... sigh ... (says the narcissist). xoxo dRM

    ReplyDelete