Monday, October 18, 2010

Um.... when am I going to do this?

So, I'm nearly half-way through a nursing degree.  I'm in my 3rd semester and that involves both clinical rotations, and a whole lotta school work. 

Take for example the 19-page case study I just finished.  Last night.  At 12:30am.  It was due at 9am today.  The funny thing is that I have known about this paper since the beginning of the semester (about 6 weeks ago)... I've known what the assignment is, how to do it, and when it was due.  And yet, I managed to put it off until the literal 11th hour, and yesterday spent about 6 hours starting and completing it.  It seems to me that those 6 hours would likely have been better spent doing something fun, like going fishing with the Cowboy (my husband), or even just watching the House episodes I have DVRed.  I'm thinking if I had put in an hour a day for six days in the last 6 weeks, my time would have been significantly better spent.  So, yeah, that's how I do my life.

Fortunately dRM, the Cowboy and some other sisters had all the kids, so I did have very few interruptions.  And, I was able to drink all the beer my little heart desired as I worked.  (I wonder if that paper will make sense this morning...)  :D

1 comment:

  1. What grade did you get, yo? Was it one of those "reinforcing my commitment to procrastination and lack of preparation" good grades? I hate those. But I mostly love them.

    ReplyDelete